DECEMBER 7, 2020 UPDATE:
Below are links to the current PHO order, viaSport guidance and the updated MRFMHA Return to Hockey Plan, MRFMHA Arena Capacity Summary and MRFMHA Illness Policy.
MRFMHA Return to Hockey Plan
The MRFMHA Return to Hockey Plan that has been developed for our association in order to ensure:
- health and safety of all individuals is a priority
- activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
- modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each sport organization and its participants
- our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, currently this Return to Hockey Plan will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Wash your hands before participating
- Bring your own equipment, water bottle and hand sanitizer
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the field of play as quickly as possible after you finish
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Hockey Plan.